Archive for the ‘Just for Fun’ Category
The Best Hiking Trails to Visit in Austin, TX
While the coronavirus has led to many unfortunate changes, it has also led to many positive changes. People have been spending more time with their families due to stay at home orders. Stay at home orders have also led to more people enjoying the outdoors. One of the most common activities was hiking. If you’ve found a new love for hiking, we are here to provide you with some of the best hiking trails to visit in Austin, TX.(more…)
Best Podcasts to Listen to While Taking a Road Trip
As COVID-19 continues to affect our lives, summer trips have changed. While most of them had to be canceled due to location or flights being canceled, road trips are still a popular option for this summer. Whether you’re going to a campground or just making stops at COVID safe locations, you need good entertainment while you’re on the road. In this post, we will be sharing some of the best podcasts to listen to while taking a road trip. Keep reading to check out our selections!(more…)
Top LEGO® Car Kits
Any LEGO® fan knows that the variety of detailed, collectible kits sold by the company are not just toys, but also double as difficult puzzles and exquisite models. LEGO® products span many different genres, one of which is automotive. Whether you’re celebrating your own vehicular passion or kickstarting it in the mind of a child, LEGO® car models are an excellent amenity.
We’ve compiled some of our favorite LEGO® car kits below. Many are in-depth and extensive products, lovingly detailed with working components and small touches found on the full-sized cars they imitate. They also vary in price, with some running over $100 and others less than $20.(more…)
Soothing Driving Music YouTube Compilation
With stress in the air these days, it’s important to take some time to relax. One way to do that is to just get out and take a drive. Besides the fact that it’s good for your car (a vehicle shouldn’t be left sitting for an extended period of time), it can also be good for your mental state. Head out and see the world, safely isolated inside your wheeled metal box.
A recreational drive is sorely incomplete without music. And the right music can completely change the vibe of the ride. We’ve compiled the selections below for those in search of a truly tranquil driving experience. While most are lengthy atmospheric/instrumental mixes of one kind or another, we did include a playlist at the bottom of more popular songs. So sort through, see what you think, and get driving!(more…)
Weirdest Places in Austin, TX
As a city known for its weirdness, many come to Austin eager to find some truly weird locales to check out. Whether you’re one of those curious visitors, or a longtime resident looking to get a new dose of the bizarre, we hope you’ll find some assistance with our list here compiled. Read on below to check out some of the strangest spots in our city of oddness.(more…)
Unique Saint Patrick’s Day 2020 Activities in Austin, TX
The famed Irish holiday of leprechauns, clovers, and all things green is fast approaching for 2020. As always, Austin has a lot going on. In particular, a heaping helping of bar crawls will be competing for your crawling pleasure.
Since the bar-crawl zone is so feisty, we decided to stay away from it entirely and give you some unique event suggestions; Austin is city of weirdness, after all. So check out our special St. Patrick’s Day 2020 event selections below!(more…)
Unique Valentine’s Day 2020 Activities in Austin, TX
It can be hard to think of unique ways to spend Valentine’s Day. That’s why we’ve compiled a few local Austin events that stood out to us here. We’re not going to explain what the events are, but if something below catches your eye, click the link to learn more!(more…)
What is the fastest legal speed limit in Texas
If you’re a big fan of driving fast, you’re in the right place. The federal speed limit cap of 55 mph was repealed back in 1995, and since then, most states have chosen to set their own standards for what is an acceptable speed. Texas was one of those that upped their speed limit by quite a bit. Find out what the fastest speed limit is here in Texas and where you can go to ride it out! (more…)
Places to Donate Food, Clothes and Toys in Austin, TX
The holiday season is a great time to give back to the community. While many people focus on buying and giving gifts, others struggle to provide food, clothes and shelter. Luckily, there are plenty of methods to give back to the community in Austin, TX! Check out the list of places to volunteer, donate food, clothes and toys in the Austin area below.
Giving your time to serve others is a fantastic way to give back and help the community. There are plenty of places to volunteer in Austin, TX. A few options are listed below!
- At Austin Pets Alive!, volunteers can choose between a wide range of tasks to help animals in the Austin, TX area. There are separate cat and dog programs that need volunteers to interact with the animals, but there are also ways to volunteer at home, at events and more. Check out their website to learn more.
- Volunteers are always needed at the Trinity Center in Austin. Volunteers help answer phones, prepare food and assist with shopping and showering programs, help with administrative work and more. Learn more at their website.
- The Central Texas Food Bank provides holiday meals for those who can’t afford one. They accept volunteers, as well as food and monetary donations. To learn more, visit their website.
- H-E-B Feast of Sharing is a holiday dinner for families around Texas, which consists of more than 250,000 meals and 33 dinners in Texas and Mexico. They accept volunteers to help make the holiday dinners go smoothly. Learn more at their website.
- Coats for Kids distributes more the 30,000 winter jackets to children in need in central Texas. You can help the cause by volunteering and making a monetary donation.
- Blue Santa is a program put on by the Austin Police Department that provides Christmas presents for low-income families in the Austin area. They accept volunteers, toys and have many other ways to get involved. Learn more here.
- Brown Santa is a program run by the Travis County Sheriff’s Office and aids underprivileged children and their families in Travis County. They accept volunteers and donations.
Thank you for reading! Hopefully, we’ve helped you find a place to give back to the community this holiday season! Comment below where you volunteer.
November Festivals in Austin, TX
Austin, TX, is a very lively city with events and festivals for people with a variety of interests. Austin has plenty of festivals that will immerse your taste buds and keep you occupied. So, what’s going on in Austin this month? Let’s dive into the festivals in the great city of Austin this November! (more…)