Archive for the ‘Community’ Category
Weirdest Places in Austin, TX
As a city known for its weirdness, many come to Austin eager to find some truly weird locales to check out. Whether you’re one of those curious visitors, or a longtime resident looking to get a new dose of the bizarre, we hope you’ll find some assistance with our list here compiled. Read on below to check out some of the strangest spots in our city of oddness.(more…)
Texas Flat-Towing Laws and Requirements
Flat-towing, also known as dinghy towing, is a popular way to take an extra vehicle along on a journey. The method is often performed with an RV by individuals who want to bring their own ride along on their camping journey.
However, each state has different regulations regarding flat-towing, and they should all be followed when one drives through that state. What are the flat-towing laws in Texas? Is the practice even legal?(more…)
Unique Saint Patrick’s Day 2020 Activities in Austin, TX
The famed Irish holiday of leprechauns, clovers, and all things green is fast approaching for 2020. As always, Austin has a lot going on. In particular, a heaping helping of bar crawls will be competing for your crawling pleasure.
Since the bar-crawl zone is so feisty, we decided to stay away from it entirely and give you some unique event suggestions; Austin is city of weirdness, after all. So check out our special St. Patrick’s Day 2020 event selections below!(more…)
Unique Valentine’s Day 2020 Activities in Austin, TX
It can be hard to think of unique ways to spend Valentine’s Day. That’s why we’ve compiled a few local Austin events that stood out to us here. We’re not going to explain what the events are, but if something below catches your eye, click the link to learn more!(more…)
Yearly Snow Levels in Austin
A quick Google search will reveal that Austin, TX receives an average of zero inches of snow per year. It’s easy, then, to conclude that Austin does not receive any snow at all, which seems in keeping with its southern location. But is this true? Does it ever snow in Austin, TX?(more…)
Places to Donate Food, Clothes and Toys in Austin, TX
The holiday season is a great time to give back to the community. While many people focus on buying and giving gifts, others struggle to provide food, clothes and shelter. Luckily, there are plenty of methods to give back to the community in Austin, TX! Check out the list of places to volunteer, donate food, clothes and toys in the Austin area below.
Giving your time to serve others is a fantastic way to give back and help the community. There are plenty of places to volunteer in Austin, TX. A few options are listed below!
- At Austin Pets Alive!, volunteers can choose between a wide range of tasks to help animals in the Austin, TX area. There are separate cat and dog programs that need volunteers to interact with the animals, but there are also ways to volunteer at home, at events and more. Check out their website to learn more.
- Volunteers are always needed at the Trinity Center in Austin. Volunteers help answer phones, prepare food and assist with shopping and showering programs, help with administrative work and more. Learn more at their website.
- The Central Texas Food Bank provides holiday meals for those who can’t afford one. They accept volunteers, as well as food and monetary donations. To learn more, visit their website.
- H-E-B Feast of Sharing is a holiday dinner for families around Texas, which consists of more than 250,000 meals and 33 dinners in Texas and Mexico. They accept volunteers to help make the holiday dinners go smoothly. Learn more at their website.
- Coats for Kids distributes more the 30,000 winter jackets to children in need in central Texas. You can help the cause by volunteering and making a monetary donation.
- Blue Santa is a program put on by the Austin Police Department that provides Christmas presents for low-income families in the Austin area. They accept volunteers, toys and have many other ways to get involved. Learn more here.
- Brown Santa is a program run by the Travis County Sheriff’s Office and aids underprivileged children and their families in Travis County. They accept volunteers and donations.
Thank you for reading! Hopefully, we’ve helped you find a place to give back to the community this holiday season! Comment below where you volunteer.
November Festivals in Austin, TX
Austin, TX, is a very lively city with events and festivals for people with a variety of interests. Austin has plenty of festivals that will immerse your taste buds and keep you occupied. So, what’s going on in Austin this month? Let’s dive into the festivals in the great city of Austin this November! (more…)
The Best Pubs in Austin, TX
A good pub is a treasure. The inexpensive comfort food, the perfect beer selection, and the laid-back atmosphere all combine into something greater than the sum of its parts. Austin is a big city, and it can be hard to know where all the best spots are. So, we decided to do the research for you and figure out which pubs the locals think are the best.
Here are the best pubs in Austin, TX. (more…)
Third Coast Auto sells used vehicles with working A/C near Austin, TX
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that Texas gets hot. When you’re car shopping, there’s nothing worse than finding the exact car you want, in the right color, with great mileage, just to find out that the A/C is busted.
We’re here to let you know that at Third Coast Auto, you can buy a used vehicle with working A/C near Austin, Texas. (more…)
What’s going on this fall near Austin, TX?
Austin is a diverse, bustling city. With such an eclectic group of people, it makes sense that the autumn events list is as long as it is disparate. We’ve sorted through some of the coolest stuff going on this October and November so you don’t have to.
Without further ado, here are some fall 2019 events happening near Austin, Texas. (more…)