Archive for the ‘Community’ Category
Places to Donate Food, Clothes and Toys in Austin, TX
The holiday season is a great time to give back to the community. While many people focus on buying and giving gifts, others struggle to provide food, clothes and shelter. Luckily, there are plenty of methods to give back to the community in Austin, TX! Check out the list of places to volunteer, donate food, clothes and toys in the Austin area below.
Giving your time to serve others is a fantastic way to give back and help the community. There are plenty of places to volunteer in Austin, TX. A few options are listed below!
- At Austin Pets Alive!, volunteers can choose between a wide range of tasks to help animals in the Austin, TX area. There are separate cat and dog programs that need volunteers to interact with the animals, but there are also ways to volunteer at home, at events and more. Check out their website to learn more.
- Volunteers are always needed at the Trinity Center in Austin. Volunteers help answer phones, prepare food and assist with shopping and showering programs, help with administrative work and more. Learn more at their website.
- The Central Texas Food Bank provides holiday meals for those who can’t afford one. They accept volunteers, as well as food and monetary donations. To learn more, visit their website.
- H-E-B Feast of Sharing is a holiday dinner for families around Texas, which consists of more than 250,000 meals and 33 dinners in Texas and Mexico. They accept volunteers to help make the holiday dinners go smoothly. Learn more at their website.
- Coats for Kids distributes more the 30,000 winter jackets to children in need in central Texas. You can help the cause by volunteering and making a monetary donation.
- Blue Santa is a program put on by the Austin Police Department that provides Christmas presents for low-income families in the Austin area. They accept volunteers, toys and have many other ways to get involved. Learn more here.
- Brown Santa is a program run by the Travis County Sheriff’s Office and aids underprivileged children and their families in Travis County. They accept volunteers and donations.
Thank you for reading! Hopefully, we’ve helped you find a place to give back to the community this holiday season! Comment below where you volunteer.
November Festivals in Austin, TX
Austin, TX, is a very lively city with events and festivals for people with a variety of interests. Austin has plenty of festivals that will immerse your taste buds and keep you occupied. So, what’s going on in Austin this month? Let’s dive into the festivals in the great city of Austin this November! (more…)
The Best Pubs in Austin, TX
A good pub is a treasure. The inexpensive comfort food, the perfect beer selection, and the laid-back atmosphere all combine into something greater than the sum of its parts. Austin is a big city, and it can be hard to know where all the best spots are. So, we decided to do the research for you and figure out which pubs the locals think are the best.
Here are the best pubs in Austin, TX. (more…)
Third Coast Auto sells used vehicles with working A/C near Austin, TX
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that Texas gets hot. When you’re car shopping, there’s nothing worse than finding the exact car you want, in the right color, with great mileage, just to find out that the A/C is busted.
We’re here to let you know that at Third Coast Auto, you can buy a used vehicle with working A/C near Austin, Texas. (more…)
What’s going on this fall near Austin, TX?
Austin is a diverse, bustling city. With such an eclectic group of people, it makes sense that the autumn events list is as long as it is disparate. We’ve sorted through some of the coolest stuff going on this October and November so you don’t have to.
Without further ado, here are some fall 2019 events happening near Austin, Texas. (more…)
Can I drive my car for Uber or Lyft in Austin, Texas?
At this point, most of us have used Uber or Lyft, or at the very least heard of them. It seems like a pretty sweet gig, just driving your car around in your free time and getting paid for it. You get to learn more about the neat places all around Austin and meet some cool people. Plus, both Uber and Lyft have good protection plans for their drivers.
The question, then, is what 2019 requirements does my car have to meet to drive for Uber or Lyft in Austin? (more…)
“Blue Laws” in Texas
In some states, car dealerships cannot be open on Sundays. It’s one of the more random commonly found (and enforced) laws in the U.S. today. Does this rule apply in Texas? (more…)
Budget-Priced Used Vehicles at Third Coast Auto Group
Having a car can be a necessity in American life, but that doesn’t mean it has to break the bank. A good way to get able wheels for the less materialistic among us is by buying a budget-priced used vehicle. Where can you get good pre-owned cars under $10,000 in the Austin, TX area? (more…)
How to Buy a Truck with No Credit in Austin, TX
Sometimes, you might decide that buying a truck is the best path for your life. You might need it for work, recreation, or daily transport. Having the right vehicle can certainly help a person move in the right direction (both figuratively and literally) in their life.
Unfortunately, people may be held back from their truck-obtaining goal by their credit situation. They may have low, bad, or nonexistent credit. Is there any way to purchase a truck without involving one’s credit score or history in Austin, Texas? (more…)
Top Summer Activities in Austin, TX
At the time of this writing, back to school sales and similar propaganda are attempting to ram home the notion that summer is coming to an end soon. Come on, guys: there’s still a month left! A full third of the season remains, so don’t throw in the towel (and swimsuit) just yet; there’s plenty more summer to enjoy.
And what better way to enjoy it by trying out some of the many activities found around Austin? Studies have shown that humans perceive time to move slower if they experience it in a variety of ways rather than settling into a repetitive routine. So pack some variety into the remainder of your summer with the help of our following suggestions, and make it last longer! (more…)