Places to Donate Food, Clothes and Toys in Austin, TX
The holiday season is a great time to give back to the community. While many people focus on buying and giving gifts, others struggle to provide food, clothes and shelter. Luckily, there are plenty of methods to give back to the community in Austin, TX! Check out the list of places to volunteer, donate food, clothes and toys in the Austin area below.
Giving your time to serve others is a fantastic way to give back and help the community. There are plenty of places to volunteer in Austin, TX. A few options are listed below!
- At Austin Pets Alive!, volunteers can choose between a wide range of tasks to help animals in the Austin, TX area. There are separate cat and dog programs that need volunteers to interact with the animals, but there are also ways to volunteer at home, at events and more. Check out their website to learn more.
- Volunteers are always needed at the Trinity Center in Austin. Volunteers help answer phones, prepare food and assist with shopping and showering programs, help with administrative work and more. Learn more at their website.
- The Central Texas Food Bank provides holiday meals for those who can’t afford one. They accept volunteers, as well as food and monetary donations. To learn more, visit their website.
- H-E-B Feast of Sharing is a holiday dinner for families around Texas, which consists of more than 250,000 meals and 33 dinners in Texas and Mexico. They accept volunteers to help make the holiday dinners go smoothly. Learn more at their website.
- Coats for Kids distributes more the 30,000 winter jackets to children in need in central Texas. You can help the cause by volunteering and making a monetary donation.
- Blue Santa is a program put on by the Austin Police Department that provides Christmas presents for low-income families in the Austin area. They accept volunteers, toys and have many other ways to get involved. Learn more here.
- Brown Santa is a program run by the Travis County Sheriff’s Office and aids underprivileged children and their families in Travis County. They accept volunteers and donations.
Thank you for reading! Hopefully, we’ve helped you find a place to give back to the community this holiday season! Comment below where you volunteer.