What’s going on this fall near Austin, TX?
Austin is a diverse, bustling city. With such an eclectic group of people, it makes sense that the autumn events list is as long as it is disparate. We’ve sorted through some of the coolest stuff going on this October and November so you don’t have to.
Without further ado, here are some fall 2019 events happening near Austin, Texas.
Food and Drinks
- Oktoberfest (10/26 – 10/27) German Free School – The German-Texan Heritage society is holding its annual family-friendly festival that will be packed with food, music, and activities. And don’t forget the biergarten.
- Banger’s Oktoberfest (10/26 – 10/28) Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden – If you’re looking for a bit more of an adult-oriented Oktoberfest experience, Banger’s has you covered with its weekend long shindig. Head on over to Rainey Street in your lederhosen or dirndl.
- Wurstfest (11/1 – 11/10) New Braunfels, Texas – For about a week and a half, just a short jaunt south on I-35, the city of New Braunfels is hosting a festival celebrating the best Alpine and Bavarian sausages and beers.
- Texas Monthly BBQ Festival (11/2 – 11/3) City Terrace at The Long Center – Get some smoked and saucy goodness from Texas’s best BBQ joints, where they go all-out to serve up the absolute best meat you can get your taste buds on.
- Austin City Limits Music Festival (10/4 – 10/6, 10/11 – 10/13) Zilker Park – Over the first two weekends of October, come enjoy more than 140 performances spread across eight stages.
- Texas Book Festival (10/26 – 10/27) Texas Capital Building – Enjoy readings, panels, and signings from about 250 authors, with live music, local food, and exhibiting vendors.
- Austin Area Jazz Festival (11/29 – 11/30) Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center – Enjoy the best that the Austin jazz scene has to offer and sip on some lovely vintages with the VIP wine-tasting experience.
- Viva La Vida Festival and Parade (10/26) Downtown Austin – If you’ve never been, you owe it to yourself to attend Mexic-Arte Musuem’s largest and longest-running festival and parade, celebrating Día de los Muertos.
- A Christmas Affair (11/20 – 11/24) Palmer Events Center – With about 200 vendors, this is a great chance to get some Christmas decorating ideas or Christmas shopping done.
- Turkey Trot (11/28) The Long Center – ThunderCloud Subs’s gets you ready for that Thanksgiving dinner with its 5-mile run and its more relaxed 1-mile walk.
Need a ride?
Want to go to some of these events, but don’t have a way to get there? Check out our affordable selection of used vehicles to help get you there. A little short on cash? No problem! Use our secure online credit approval to get the car you deserve.